Saturday, September 3, 2011

I've been away.

Did anyone notice?
My part of the world is experiencing a heat wave and last week, the A/C at my house broke. I cannot begin to tell you the catastrophic nature of that event! I suffer from M&M - menopause and migraines. Heat makes both conditions SO MUCH WORSE! I went to stay at my daughter's house while repair people came. It took three days. I went back for a few things once, at 7 am, figuring it had to be cooler at that hour, but I was wrong. It was almost 90! Twice, I had to sit down and put my head between my knees to keep from passing out and left with a massive headache. And I was only there for an hour - 59 minutes longer than I should have been.
In my desire to flee, I forgot my computer and was not about to go back for it. I'm not big on suffering....not for my art, my writing, anything. Joy is good : )
Tomorrow is my birthday and I am in California, minutes from the beach, watching the marine layer subdue the sun, and I feel fabulous! Of course, the best part is that I am here with my best friend/other half, Victoria. We have been friends for about 30 years and hanging out with her, well, it just doesn't get any better than this! I will write more abut her another time but I will tell you that she is an AMAZING artist. Go to her website, www.VictoriaKerrArt.com and see for yourself.
So, I'm not sure what the next few days will bring, whether I will post anything else or just spend every minute enjoying the cool....but I will be back at some point.
Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment